Meetings and Congress
The Santa María de Albarracín Foundation has all the facilities required to organize meetings and congresses
The organization of different events in the town of Albarracín is undoubtedly one of the main objectives and services offered by the Foundation. Thus, it greatly facilitates the smooth running of congresses, meetings, conferences and the like, not just by making its own facilities available to organizers, but also by providing:
- Information and assessment on whatever is needed for the planned event.
- Budget preparation.
- Development of follow-up activities (visits, tours, etc.).
- Bookings management and hiring of services external to the Foundation.
- Welcome service and personal attention to participants while the activity is taking place.
- Billing coordination and justification of expenditure, when requested.
- Audiovisual and technical equipment in meeting rooms.
To that end, the Congress Centre (Palacio de Reuniones y Congresos), located in the old Episcopal Palace (18th century), is the ideal facility. It is one of Albarracín’s most important landmark buildings and houses the Diocesan Museum and the headquarters of the Santa María de Albarracín Foundation.
It was reconstructed under a training and employment programme in such an exemplary way that it deserved the Europa Nostra restoration award in 1996. A year before, HRH Queen Sofia inaugurated the renovated Palace.
The period layout, rooms and decoration of this interesting historic building provide a pretty clear picture of 18th-century Episcopal way of life. The original premises have nowadays been turned into comfortable rooms, of varying sizes and uses, where different types of activities can be carried out. At present the Palace is the “driving force” of cultural activity in Albarracín.
- Auditorium: 140 seats
- Granero events room: 40 seats
- 2 Vicar’s rooms: 8 and 15 seats
- 5 workrooms/classrooms: 12 to 25 seats
- Cafeteria (open only during events)
- Management and administration offices